Skip to main content

My life in South Korea

    

            선문대학교-SunMoon University
In early August 2020, I embarked on my journey to South Korea during the challenging times of the COVID-19 pandemic. The uncertainty and anxiety around the pandemic made it a difficult time to start my new life in a foreign country. I had to face the challenges of navigating a new culture, adapting to a new language, and establishing myself in a completely new environment.

When I arrived in South Korea, I was completely clueless about the culture and the language. I had received a one-year training course in the Korean language before my arrival, but everything was under a very bad situation of COVID-19, and I could only attend online classes, which made it harder for me to practice speaking with my teacher. However, I remained determined to learn and improve my language skills, so I continued to attend my classes online and even joined language exchange programs to practice speaking with native Korean speakers.


Despite the language barrier, I managed to complete my admission process to the university. However, the first semester of my studies was a completely new experience. I had to adapt to a new learning environment where English was taught by Korean professors and classmates who predominantly used Korean as the primary language in class. This made it challenging for me to keep up with the lectures and assignments. However, I was fortunate to have supportive professors who provided me with individual attention until I completed all my credit requirements and passed my graduation exam.

During my time in South Korea, I was fortunate to experience the unique culture and lifestyle of the country. I fell in love with the vibrant cities, delicious cuisine, and rich cultural heritage. I appreciated the emphasis on community and social connection, and I enjoyed participating in traditional cultural events and trying out new foods with my friends. South Korea's modern cities and technology coexist with traditional architecture and customs, creating a beautiful blend of old and new.


         전북대학교 Jeonbuk National University
Currently, I am focusing on my thesis with my academic advisor, and I am confident that I will complete it successfully. Although my journey in South Korea has not been without its challenges, I am grateful for the opportunity to have studied in this beautiful country. The experience has made me more resilient and adaptable, and I have gained a new perspective on life. I am proud to have overcome the obstacles and established myself in a foreign land, and I look forward to the new adventures that await me in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GKS 2020 Winner Application Form

GKS 2020 Winner  Application Form  GKS scholarship has its own purpose to provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries. Qualifications Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin. ※ Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship. - Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time. - Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate) - Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate) - Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate) - Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution att

How Fill and Prepare VISA Documents for GKS-Scholarship Graduate 2020

VISA Requirement Documents Here are VISA  requirement documents, D4 VISA for those who start with Korean Language Class. Korea Side  1. Copy of Korean School's Business License  This requirement is optional without school's business license you still able to apply for  VISA. but if you can get it from your Korean institution. it will help the Korean embassy in Cambodia easy to process your VISA. with the business license, the embassy needs to contact to your Korean institution as well for business license.  2. NIIED Invitation Letter  3. Certificate of Admission" For those who start their class without the Korean Language " Cambodian Side 1. Copy of Original of Latest Certificate 2. Original copy of Birth Certificate translate to English( Khmer and English) 3. Copy ID Card "Cambodian National Identity" and Passport with Original
GKS-Documents New update    with Apostille and Authenticated              GKS-Scholarship is known as a scholarship program that allows all candidates to apply in two different ways. first, you can apply through the embassy in your respective country and you are either able to apply directly to the university that you prefer. but since NIIED has announced a new update of documents that needed to get apostilled or Authenticated from the embassy of your respective country. So all candidates need to submit those documents correctly in order to make their application qualified to be considered. Note: Maybe you also know that Cambodia doesn't have Apostilled Convention service for your documents, so if you still submit your documents without Apostilled your application will consider as disqualified for foreign documents. So how can make your documents be recognized? 1. Family's book and Birth certificate: From my experience, you must get those documents translated from the Ministry