Skip to main content

Some Tips Question for Scholarship Application



                                  DEVELOPMENT RELEVANCE:  

What skills and knowledge do you hope to gain from your proposed study programmed ?

Studying abroad is always a wish for every student since it is a platform to get life changing experiences and highly remarkable perspectives which are useful for oneself daily life and future career. From this proposed program, there are some worth mentioned skills and knowledge to obtain. Firstly, effective teaching methods and classroom management are expected skills and also parts of crucial qualifications for people involving in the education field. Secondly, soft skills especially interpersonal skill is required for educators to deal with various people. Thirdly, general knowledge, different cultural understanding as well as experiencing a new country with incredible new outlooks; customs; and activities are also important to get from this program.

Why is this area of knowledge and skills important to your country’s development?
Because education is an investment in the future of every child in Cambodia and it also an investment of nations. According to the UNICEF website, only 43 percent of children aged 3 to 5 years are enrolled in early childhood education (2017/2018). Education is a critical issue for Cambodia’s development. Cambodia needs strong leadership to create more human resources that can give the effective and quality of teaching to the students. I am not complaining that education in Cambodia is poor somehow it still has limitations in term of quality and standard for the students to get the best as they deserve. 
How will you use your new knowledge and skills to contribute to the development of your home country?
The goal of pursuing a master’s degree in New Zealand is accumulating more knowledge in order to build up my self-development and ability to spread out what I have obtained to the students in my home country. Moreover, I bring what I gain from New Zealand to enhance my nation’s human resources. After I graduate, I will choose teaching is my professional career because it is the best way to give me a way to share experience and knowledge to many young generation resources. And being a teacher also enables me to be their mentor or their guidance to make them select the right way of study by encouraging and motivate them. Furthermore, I have a dream to work for the Ministry of Education in Cambodia because it is a big chance to give away my knowledge that I got from New Zealand to the people who hunger to receive it. Last but not least, I wish to help students in the region by sharing my knowledge especially to CLMV countries. Even though now I cannot build-up due to my limited ability, but I think I can do it after getting this scholarship and grab all the knowledge that I need. At Least I can be a good teacher for my students and good people in my society.


RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT



Describe a situation that demonstrates your ability to develop new relationships that have been important for your work or study.

                                                       Describe the situation: 
During my university life, I was always assigned as a class monitor which provided me plenty of awesome opportunities to see and develop myself. One in which is the ability to build relationship and deal with varieties of problems
                                What actions did you take to develop the relationship?
As a class monitor, my responsibilities were to communicate and handle things not only with my classmates but also lecturers and management team of the university. For my peers, I kept in touch, got to know their problems and restlessly supported both physically and mentally. Moreover, I was closed with my lecturers that they believed in me and allowed me to solve the problems relating to classroom environment. In addition, my responsibility was not ended here. I also had to work with school management team in case there were any inconveniences involving school regulations which were urgently required solutions.
                                                      What was the outcome?
Through the above-mentioned actions, I could gain some applicable qualifications. First, improving emotional intelligence in which I could be aware of my own emotions and control it. Emotional intelligence, itself, is a key leading to a better relationship building. Second, enhancing interpersonal skill which was given and related to early mentioned emotional intelligence. Third, building networking, because of my position and my communication abilities, I got to know and work with many people.

SELF DRIVE




Describe a situation when you had to motivate yourself to achieve, without any prompting from family, friends, or others

                                                               Describe the situation:
last 2 years I was invited to participate in an event. When the international students who come from different countries to the stage and share their experience of applying for that scholarship. I feel interested to know more about it. but I feel like the world is not welcome to me because everyone around me is completely laughing at me. include my friends and my family as well.

                                              What actions did you take to motivate yourself?
I went to the International Relationship office for the scholarship information, I start to talk to myself " please don't make the world change your smile, you have to make your smile to find your new world" and I start to overcome all the negative voice that I heard from people around me to build up my confidence and promise with myself that I must win this scholarship. Fortunately, I passed my English test and I feel like I’m in it to win it. In addition, I went to the academic office to ask for my transcript record and an endorsement letter for applying for the EU-SHARE scholarship. Finally, God accepts my beautiful and I am the one who was selected to study at the University of Mandalay, Myanmar for one semester.

                                                                 What was the outcome? 
This lesson has taught me a lot of things both inter-personal skills and academic skills, I could be aware of my own emotion and control it. and it is a key leading to a better relationship building. Moreover, I can build strong networking and I got to know and work with many people. It enables me to spread my wings and pursue my passion in the name of a new young leader in the 21st century.

                            STUDYING OVERSEAS



Tell us why you selected New Zealand as a place to study? (Or for Study in the Pacific applicants: Tell us why you selected a Pacific Island university as a place to study?)

I was very much excited when I saw the news about New Zealand scholarship it make me hunger to do more research about this scholarship, after I spend a few day reviews about this scholarship, Wow! That’s amazing! Firstly, New Zealand has 8 state differences funded universities and each university provide degrees in a very big option of subject and has its strengths in specialized degrees. Moreover, all of the universities in New Zealand are well recognized as international universities in the world. Secondly, New Zealand has a very interesting education system that reflects their unique and diverse
society which enables to show the world that they are welcome different abilities, religious beliefs, ethnic groups, income levels and idea about teaching and learning. Furthermore, they have a special process in place to give their students consistent, high quality of education at all levels. Third, this scholarship has a lot of high ranking universities available for me to study such as Auckland University of Technology and the University of Waikato are the top ten universities in New Zealand. I cannot wait to explore myself with a wonderful country like New Zealand.


If successful, what specific things will you do to prepare yourself to move to, and overcome the challenges of living and studying in, a different country?

First challenge that I has to face is culture shock I have to makeup and adjust it to my life in a very new country. The ways that things are done in New Zealand are going to definitely be different from the way I used to do in my home country. The culture, the atmosphere, and the people are completely different. But I think everything will be ok for me if I don’t commit or do anything wrong. Secondly, Homesick is another challenge for me, I have to go there alone, and knowing absolutely no one, every difficulty or any problem I am the only one who takes responsibility for it. But I can’t sit at a place and wish for things to change. I have to learn from these difficulties to be a more independent person, try to make more communication with my international friend and teacher, go out and talk to people there in my new home. It is not bad anymore I will find myself in a different way. Last but not least, Financial could be a big challenge if I can’t control it well so I have to keeping records all of my wasteful expenditure and try to bring it down. If I don’t keeping monitoring on my expended even though I receive money every months, but at the end of each month I will in debt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GKS 2020 Winner Application Form

GKS 2020 Winner  Application Form  GKS scholarship has its own purpose to provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries. Qualifications Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin. ※ Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship. - Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time. - Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate) - Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate) - Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate) - Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution att

How Fill and Prepare VISA Documents for GKS-Scholarship Graduate 2020

VISA Requirement Documents Here are VISA  requirement documents, D4 VISA for those who start with Korean Language Class. Korea Side  1. Copy of Korean School's Business License  This requirement is optional without school's business license you still able to apply for  VISA. but if you can get it from your Korean institution. it will help the Korean embassy in Cambodia easy to process your VISA. with the business license, the embassy needs to contact to your Korean institution as well for business license.  2. NIIED Invitation Letter  3. Certificate of Admission" For those who start their class without the Korean Language " Cambodian Side 1. Copy of Original of Latest Certificate 2. Original copy of Birth Certificate translate to English( Khmer and English) 3. Copy ID Card "Cambodian National Identity" and Passport with Original
GKS-Documents New update    with Apostille and Authenticated              GKS-Scholarship is known as a scholarship program that allows all candidates to apply in two different ways. first, you can apply through the embassy in your respective country and you are either able to apply directly to the university that you prefer. but since NIIED has announced a new update of documents that needed to get apostilled or Authenticated from the embassy of your respective country. So all candidates need to submit those documents correctly in order to make their application qualified to be considered. Note: Maybe you also know that Cambodia doesn't have Apostilled Convention service for your documents, so if you still submit your documents without Apostilled your application will consider as disqualified for foreign documents. So how can make your documents be recognized? 1. Family's book and Birth certificate: From my experience, you must get those documents translated from the Ministry